Helmholtz-Institute for Biomedical Engineering
- Follow the motorway from Cologne or Netherlands to Aachen (A4) and take the exit towards Laurensberg.
- Turn right into Kohlscheider Strasse and follow the signs Uniklinik.
- After approximately 750 m turn right on Toledoring/Pariser Ring, take the fifth exit (Uniklinik).
- In the roundabout take the exit towards RWTH Melaten and follow the Forckenbeckstrasse for 250 m.
- Opposite the restaurant Forckenbeck turn left into Pauwelsstrasse. After approximately 100 m the Helmholtz-Institute is on the right hand side.
Our Institute is well connected by public transport from the main train station, the train station ‘Aachen West’ or the main bus terminal in the city centre. Several bus lines lead to University Hospital (from the main train station line 3B; from the train station ‘Aachen West’ line 3A, 33, 73; from the bus terminal line 73, 33, 4, 5). Line 33, 73 and 3A stop directly at the Helmholtz-Institute, the other lines stop in front of the main entrance of the University Hospital. A short walk back over the bridge will take you straight to the Helmholtz-Institute.
Regular train service connects Aachen to major airports in Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands.
- From Düsseldorf airport the travel time by car is approximately 1.25 hours and 1.5 hours by train.
- From Cologne/Bonn airport travelling to Aachen takes about 1 hour by car and 1.25 hours by train.
- Travel time by fast train (ICE) from Frankfurt airport is approximately 2 hours.